Monday, December 13, 2010

Why I'm Excited...by Jack Young

Over the next six weeks, members of the Discovery Church leadership team (the elders and the staff) will be sharing some of what has them so excited about partnering with One Life. Our second installment has been written by one of our elders, Jack Young. Jack was among the first people to commit to being a part of Discovery Church.


“Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.” Matthew 28:19

I'm excited because of the vision that these two churches share. From its beginning Discovery has had a focus on the unchurched or those who do not like church. The main focus of One Life is on those that are far from God. We each have the same goal for reaching people for God. Similarly, both groups are dedicated to church planting or new church starts.

Another reason I'm excited is a bit more personal. I have a 12 year-old daughter. I know that the

teenage years are a great time to impact their faith-journey

I believe that there are a large number of youth on the Westside that are not a part of a church. I am excited about the possibilities of reaching my daughter's friends, classmates, and others like them. I'm excited about making an impact on the future of the Westside of Evansville.


“A person standing alone can be attached and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:12

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well said Jack! Look forward to serving with you...Mark