Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Big Announcement (part three)

The Discovery Church Board of Directors recently approved partnering with two new church plants. Over the next two days we will be revealing online who those two church plants are. For more information on why we're doing this, check out Sunday's blog.

The second church plant that we are partnering with has until just recently been called the Vegas Project. Vince Antonucci will be leaving Forefront Church that he helped plant in Virginia Beach, Virginia to go west (young man, go west). He and his family will be moving to Sin City (Las Vegas) in order to help people love God, love people, and turn the world upside down.

I've been reading Vince's blog for a little over a year. He has an incredible sense of humor and a passion for people that is infectious. Vince is the author of I Became a Christian and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt. Not only is this an awesome book (in fact, I gave it to my each of my parents for their birthdays last year), but it had to win an award for longest title in non-Christian fiction that you would actually want to read.


Personally, I am thankful for Vince because when I was searching for help in planting Discovery, he was willing to offer advice through email. A huge blessing that I never thought would actually happen. The two or three emails that we corresponded back and forth were a tremendous aid to me as I struggled to find a coach (more on that this week too).

3 comments:

Tony Boes said...

It's fantastic to see a church back in Evansville supporting other church plants even as it establishes itself. Keep up the good work.

Vince Antonucci: said...

Hey Trey and Discovery: This is Vince and I just want to say thank you for supporting us. It's awesome that you're doing that, especially as a new church - that's the kind of faith God is looking for! I am very excited about us partnering together!!

Anonymous said...

Trey, you talk about this book that vince wrote a lot... and after reading the post, i went to amazon.com and bought it! So Vince, i guess you can also thank Trey for the advertising. haha, I can't wait to read it!