Thursday, December 4, 2008

Great & Unexpected Acts

"If I were in your shoes, I’d go straight to God,I’d throw myself on the mercy of God. After all, he’s famous for great and unexpected acts;there’s no end to his surprises. He gives rain, for instance, across the wide earth,sends water to irrigate the fields. He raises up the down-and-out,gives firm footing to those sinking in grief." (Job 5:8-11, MSG)
I love it when God does His "great and unexpected acts" in front of me. Some of the surprises I have witnessed in the past year include:
  • the launch and growth of Discovery Church
  • financing for Discovery Church
  • a co-worker having a life-changing experience
  • my girls' beautiful smiles lighting up rooms
  • providing a house for us in the particular sub-division we wanted to live in
  • providing an awesome job that helps pay the bills while Discovery grows

What about you? Where do you see God showing up and showing off?

No comments: