Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The First Discovery Launch Team Meeting

Last night marked a landmark event in the life of Discovery Church and I must confess I was amazed. After Kitten and I decided nearly a year ago to pursue this vision, it left me filled with awe to see God at work. As the Launch Team met for the first time together at Jack & Susan's (and Elise's) house, I was overwhelmed with the sense that God was up to something.

I believe with all my heart that God is calling us into this new and exciting adventure. He has placed a vision for His church so deeply within my heart. I can envision what the first service will be like. Yet to see this group of seventeen gathered in one house being the church...it almost took my breath away (but it didn't keep me from sharing a devotional thought).

It was such a pleasure to sit in community together and get to know each other, to share the vision for what God wants to do in our midst, and look forward to that becoming a reality. The worship felt authentic. The prayers were real, not forced or contrived. The girls had a great time playing in the back (with only one missing tooth to show for it).

It's funny, but I am already looking forward to the next time. To clarifying the vision with greater detail. To even more people coming aboard. To greater excitement as we get closer and closer to seeing the vision become reality. To being the church.

No comments: