Monday, November 26, 2007

I'm So Thankful

This past week featured Thanksgiving. During worship yesterday morning, our pastor spoke about the importance of developing a mindset of thankfulness. He mentioned that he was once challenged to write out 20 things for which he was thankful. In that spirit, I'm attempting to create a similar list. Please enjoy or feel free to comment with your own list.


  • My wife, Kitten. You are the most amazing woman in the world. Thank you for your patience with me.
  • My daughter Alyssa Grace. You made me laugh so hard yesterday walking around acting like Hannah Montana.
  • My daughter Morgan Faith. I love it when you snuggle into my body and sleep. You have reminded me of the delight that the Father must have when we rest in Him.
  • My nephews. It is so much fun to have you run up and jump in my arms and yell "Uncle Trey."
  • My in-laws. You have taught me so much. Thank you for welcoming me into your family.
  • My friends. (I'm not going to cheat the process and name you specifically just to get a number, but I am very thankful for each of you).
  • New friends. I'm so glad that we've gotten to meet each other this year (especially Dan, Geoff, Kevin & Esther and Billy & Sarah).
  • Our home. A lovely 3 BR, 2 BA ranch on Evansville's growing Northside. Want to buy it?
  • Two well-operating vehicles that allow us to drive all over Evansville (at a mere $2.96/gallon).
  • The past. You realize today's blessings so much easier when you look at where God has taken you in the past.
  • The future. It is so exciting to look and see where God is taking us in the future as well.
  • Olivet Presbyterian Church. I honestly could have never imagined staying in one place to serve for 8 years as a youth minister when I came. Yet you have become family. Kitten and I are so thankful for you. You bless us on a regular basis.
  • The youth workers at Olivet. Wow! You truly are the youth ministers at Olivet. Thanks for not collecting a salary so that I can.
  • Discovery Church. (Can you be thankful for a church that hasn't even had a service yet?) I look forward to growing and serving alongside you in the future.
  • Discovery's Launch team. Thank you for committing to serve those who will come to check us out over the next seven months.
  • Discovery's Board of Directors. Thank you for saying "yes." You have already provided so much to the process. I look forward to learning so much more from each of you.
  • Tim Tebow. If he doesn't win the Heisman, they should change the name of the award to "Heist-man." You can vote for Tim to win here.

  • God's sovereignty. I find it very comforting to know that God is in control.
  • Microsoft's generosity. They're fixing my XBox 360 for free and extending the warranty. Now if I could just get the process to happen quicker.
  • Evansville. I remember growing up thinking that I would want to live anywhere but Evansville. Now I realize just how great Evansville is. I hope that 2008 sees continued growth and development happening within the city/county.

No comments: