Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Second Look @ Sunday

After a hard, long weekend at the gym doing renovations, I was dragging headed into the two services this weekend. Here's a few of my observations now that recovery has begun to happen.
  • Christa Shore and the team at Beyond the Veil Fellowship are so great to work with.
  • Was exciting to be a part of the record-setting service at BTVF. I'm sure it was because the word leaked out that I was teaching.
  • After the band had led worship on Saturday night, I was done. I had been to church and spoke with God. Alas, I still taught.
  • I found out that there is something worse than fish sticks. It would be burnt fish sticks.
  • I was so worn out by the end of Saturday that I completely forgot to print the "World's Tiniest Church Programs." I think we made do at Discovery Church without them.
  • Despite being beat, I think the message was communicated clearly.
  • I've started a problem at a local middle school. Apparently a group of girls that were visiting Discovery this weekend took literally my phrase, "Jesus loves you; I hope you go to hell." Ooops!
  • Had someone tell me that a friend came to Discovery Church this weekend. She felt like the message spoke right to her. She says it was the first time that she felt a sermon connect with her life.
  • Excited to be wrapping up Philippians this weekend. Don't miss it!

No comments: