Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Blown Away and Honored


For the past eight years (and two other years before that), I have been involved in coaching debate at Evansville North High School. We have been blessed to have some very talented students come through our program during that time. This past weekend, our students traveled to the Ben Davis meet in Indianapolis. This large tournament kicks off the second (and most competitive) half of the season. At the awards ceremony, I was recognized as the "Indiana High School Forensics Association Coach of Month."


Wow...I was blown away and deeply honored. I recognize that so many men and women give so much of their time to help students learn to think analytically and critically about significant issues. To be recognized by my peers was overwhelming. I can think of several individuals who are more deserving, but the recognition is much appreciated.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations. You probably deserve it more than you realize. ;)

Anonymous said...

Trey, you are truly the best coach in the State of Indiana, After all, you trained the top two freshamn in the state last year.....

Bean

Audra said...

This was a long time ago, but I still believe it's true.