Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday's Thoughts

Okay many people take a break once a week and do a mind dump on their blog. I think that there is something catartic about it. So as a weekly feature, I'll place my random thoughts on here for you to read.
  • Sunday was freakin' awesome. The setup in the childrens area rocked. Way to go team!
  • I can't believe that I said the phrase "menstrual problems" in my sermon. Definitely a first.
  • Had a really cool conversation with a friend at Starbucks last night. He has become infected with the disease called Jesus. As the Russian proverb says, "Those infected with the disease called Jesus are never cured."
  • By the way, Starbucks weren't ready for us this Sunday so they gave us free coffee. They can run a little late every week as long as they give us free coffee!
  • My fantasy teams took big hits this weekend. I can't believe that I took Tom Brady with the 3rd overall pick. UGH.
  • I'm loving the new Chris Tomlin CD. It's in steady play on the iPod during my morning workout.
  • Speaking of morning workouts, I had my body fat tested and I've lost 2.3% body fat in the past four weeks. I'm down to really fat from obviously really fat.
  • The Colts looked horrible Sunday night. It just goes to show how important every cog is. Hurry up and get healthy Jeff Saturday.
  • Speaking of Saturday, it's always good to see the Gators beat the Canes.
  • Looking forward to an interview this Sunday as we continue the Urban Legends series.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Awesome to hear so many good things filling your mind.

I'd love to hear more about Discovery on Sunday. I tried to think of what the context could've been to talk about menstrual problems, but can't figure it out. lol

Trey McClain said...

I was talking about how the work that Jesus did, His miracles. I talked about him walking on water, feeding thousands, making the blind see...and the lady with menstrual issues. Another fine moment brought to you by Discovery Church. ;)