Tuesday, April 8, 2008

I am the Champion...Almost


Plantingspace.com hosted a NCAA Men's Basketball Bracket Challenge for church planters & bloggers. I entered not expecting much. After the first weekend, I was a miserable 59th out of 135. Less than impressive. Clearly I was not in the same league as these men and women of genius.


However the games were not over being played. I slowly began moving up the rankings. Going into Monday night's championship game I had risen all the way to 19th. If Memphis won (which they easily could have), I would have finished a respectable 25th. Not embarrassing, but not great. However, Memphis did not win, Kansas did.


Like the legendary phoenix, I rose from the ashes to new heights. No, I was not the champion. But I did finish 5th. Which put me firmly in top 3.7% of church plant prognosticators. I might not have been smart enough (or worked hard enough) to finish in the top 10% of my high school class, but in this competition I did. Thank you Derrick Rose. Thank you John Calipari. Most importantly, thank you Mario Chalmers. Thank you for making me special.

No comments: