Sunday, April 20, 2008

When you're just a little off...


Most of us have complained at one time or another about Mapquest. It's directions may or may not be accurate for whatever adventure you are on. Yesterday, however, I met something worse. When I booked the Doubletree, I clicked on the get directions map. They gave me directions through a program called MapPoint. I assumed..."Hey the hotel gave me this program. Everything else that Doubletree does is excellent. This must be good too." Or not.


I realized I would be in for adventure when I looked at it further on Saturday as I was jumping on I-65 to Nashville. I looked down and it said 150 miles to Nashville. That was very interesting since I was 100 miles from Louisville. The total trip according to MapPoint was 360 miles. In reality, the trip was much more like 585 miles. Not even close. It starts with minor errors though. Like one of the last directions was to drive 2.0 miles on West Paces Ferry Rd. In reality, it was more like 3.3 miles. Mulitiply that out over 360 miles and you nearly get the difference.


It made me wonder. How many times am I just a little bit off, not quite where God wants me to be. If I am off, where am I ending up and how far short of what He desires is that? My hope for today is that you and I might live according to His guidance, His direction. May you end up where He leads you.

No comments: