Monday, January 24, 2011

Second Look @ Sunday

Some quick take-aways for me from yesterday:
  • You have to get to AMC Stadium 16 pretty early to beat Marty Smith there. When I got there, he had already worked up enough of a sweat that he needed to take off his jacket (his hat).
  • Thankful for Ascended. They worked hard and it clearly paid off.
  • By the way guys, if you have a Twitter account, use it.
  • Was surprised to see Lindy Weatherly join us. Anxious to hear her notes from the service.
  • Big idea: God is always faithful and He is still in the redemption business.
  • In what part of your life do you need to experience redemption?
  • So sweet to see some of our people serving the residents of Riverwalk Communities. Here's the proof that I even participated.
  • Had a great time at lunch hearing one of my high school friends share her heart for missions. It is amazing what God is doing in her life. Abso-freakin-lutely Amazing.
  • Sad news came to me on Sunday night: another friend from the youth group I grew up (quite literally) in passed away Sunday morning. I got a chance to spend a few moments with him on Saturday evening. Not enough time in hindsight. He truly was semper fi (always faithful).
  • Finally: looking forward to a great Super Bowl with two legendary teams. Now just have to determine the perfect venue to watch it at.

No comments: