Thursday, January 13, 2011

Why I'm Excited (part 2)

Confession: I am not Bill Nye, the Science Guy. In fact, if I were forced to pick one subject area which was my particular weakness, it would be science. I chose to take the SAT instead of the ACT because of the science component. However, I did enjoy one science class: physics. I convinced myself that physics was more mathematics than science.

One of the equations that I remember from physics was the equation for momentum. The equation reads: p=mv. This fancy equation simply means that momentum can be determined by understanding it as the result of mass multiplied by velocity. Simply put, to increase momentum you must either increase mass (size) or velocity (speed). If you either of those components decrease (without an increase in the other area), you'll see decreased momentum.

This basic understanding is one of the reasons that I am excited by the possibility of merging into the One Life Network. I believe the merger will increase the momentum of both movements in the Evansville metropolitan area. The velocity that One Life has been moving with over the last four months has been exciting. The combined mass of the overall network would aid the people of Discovery as we strive to make an impact on the Westside of Evansville. It's exciting to think of the momentum that God might bring when two unique and exciting groups partner together to make Him known throughout the Tri-State area.

Today's prayer: Lord, do what only you can do. Increase the passion and speed with which we pursue you. Prepare the hearts of those who have not yet heard. As we lift your name up, draw men and women to you.

No comments: